Millennials are throwing shade at the older generations, and I am a little offended!
Thanks to a new poll, I have the Millennials' breakdown of the things we are doing that are a tell-tale sign we are of an older generation.
To be clear, a millennial is anyone born between 1981 and 1996. However, as a millennial myself, I would also like to say that I do most of these things and feel very spry and youthful.
As disgruntled as I am to report the millennials' findings, here is what they say are the "Top 9 Signs You Are Older" and my thoughts on each response.
- Carry cash in your wallet or purse.
- Thoughts: I thought this meant you were fiscally responsible?
- Getting bills through the mail.
- Thoughts: Sometimes paper statements are necessary!
- Writing lists with pen and paper.
- Thoughts: Ok, I feel attacked with this 'Lauryn's List.'
- Describing a tune as 'banging.'
- Thoughts: I can honestly say I have never done that.
- Still being on Facebook.
- Thoughts: How are you supposed to "poke" people?
- Reading books.
- Call me Belle from Beauty & The Beast. I dream of having an in-home library.
- Talking on the phone.
- I love a real-time phone conversation!
- Dating in real life.
- Swiping is for the lazy.
- Eating Dairy.
- If I were ever a queen, I would be a queen of dairy, a minor sidestep of "Dairy Queen."
In my conclusion, I think we look to millennials for advice more often than we probably should.
Photo Credit: Getty Images.