A smooch from Blake Shelton and a mic drop from Justin Timberlake set our Twitter followers on fire in 2015.
The Twitter-verse could barely contain itself this year when Cody took to the social media site to cover the CMA Awards, the CMT Artists of the Year and more in just 140 characters.
Check out “Cody’s Top 10 Most Retweeted Tweets of 2015”:
10. BG Nation sent this Brantley Gilbert story to infinity and beyond – 112 Retweets
9. Gwen who? – 116 Retweets
8. The smell of Luke Bryan got Twitter talking this holiday season – 123 Retweets
7. The first of three tweets featuring Justin Timberlake and Chris Stapleton in our top 10 of the year – 123 Retweets
6. Sam Hunt fans spent plenty of time retweeting about his performance on the CMA Awards – 134 Retweets
5. News broke that Adam Lambert and Leona Lewis would perform “Girl Crush” on the CMT Artists of the Year, and their fans were no doubt crushing on this post – 152 Retweets
4. We knew Justin Timberlake and Chris Stapleton fans were dedicated, but we didn’t know they were this dedicated – 161 Retweets
3. A Blake Shelton GIF and a “Girl Crush” performance helped send this tweet into viral territory – 215 Retweets
2. Did we mention Sam Hunt fans really love retweeting about the superstar? – 229 Retweets
1. A show-stopping CMA Awards performance deserves three Top 10 tweets and a Twitter-breaking No. 1 post – 2,204 Retweets
Follow Cody on Twitter now @cmtcody. See you there in 2016!
Cody Alan is the host and executive producer of CMT After MidNite, CMT Radio Live and CMT All Access. A respected veteran personality, producer and programmer in the broadcast industry, Cody's shows originate from Nashville and are broadcast on stations across America. Cody's shows feature the biggest names in country music and entertainment, and his wit, energy and charm shine with big star guests and live interaction with listeners. He brings fans unprecedented access to all things current in country music and entertainment in an environment that's genuine, unpredictable and fun. Dierks Bentley says, "Cody's show always feels fresh and current. Cody cares about country music's past and future, and has always worked to make his shows exciting, interesting and personal."
Named the Academy of Country Music's "National On-Air Personality" in 2013 and 2010, Cody also hosts CMT's weekly Hot 20 Countdown and #1 Music and a Movie, in addition to co-hosting CMT's annual red carpet special live from the CMT Music Awards.
After gigs in South Carolina, Georgia and Florida, Cody made it to the major leagues at age 23 when he landed in Dallas-Fort Worth, Texas. He's been honored at the Grand Ole Opry, featured in USA Today, GQ Magazine, People Country and Country Weekly; and has been seen on E! News, as well as HLN. Cody has been named Radio and Records Music Director of the Year five times, while Billboard magazine and the Radio Music Awards honored him with the annual title as well.
When not on radio or TV, Cody loves working out, running, watching reality shows, superhero movies, listening to all kinds of music, relaxing in the mountains, eating Mexican food and spending time with family and friends.